Forewarned is forearmed! Protect yourself as you enter the market:
1. Be a snoop! Check out the neighborhood BEFORE making an offer.
2. Get preapproved for a mortgage before your make an offer.
3. Never give a Seller your deposit check. It always goes to the broker or lawyer.
4. An offer is a valid and enforceable contract. Make sure all dates and terms are in this document.
5. Don’t be bullied! Take control of the negotiations to get the deal you want.
6. Do not buy a home without a comprehensive home inspection.
7. Pay attention to deadlines. Your deposit depends upon it!
8. Make sure all Seller agreements are in the P&S. If it’s not in writing, you can’t enforce it.
9. Don’t risk your deposit!! Get your loan commitment in writing by the deadline.
10.Review all closing costs before the closing to avoid last-minute surprises.